Today I'm sharing a recipe on how to make yaki udon because I really like japanese food. Although I have never tried yaki udon, I really want to someday...
- 2x bundles of udon noodles
- 2x tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2x cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- A couple fingers of ginger
- 1 pepper
- 250g of meat or seafood
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 3x cabbage leaves
- 1 spring onion
- 2x tablespoons of Mentsuyu sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 packet of katsuobushi
- 1 tablespoon of kizami shoga
- salt and pepper
- pre heat oil in a pan, then add the chopped onions, lower heat to a simmer, cover and let them cook for around 10 minutes until they brown and become tender
- Add more oil if necessary and ideally in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the meat until it is almost cooked.
- Add the ginger and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped carrots, pepper, mushrooms, spring onions and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the noodles and around x3 tablespoons of water, cook and cover for x2 minutes.
- Mix in the Mentsuyu and soy sauce, then serve on a plate and sprinkle with the bonito flakes, spring onions and pickled ginger on top.
I got this recipe from: https://nomadicboys.com/yaki-udon-recipe/